Re: issue: optional "name" attribute of <definition>

From: <sggraham@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:37:16 -0400
To: "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Cc: "WS-Desc WG \(Public\)" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>, www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
+1, name of definition is a useless annoyance

++++++++
Steve Graham
sggraham@us.ibm.com
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
Emerging Technologies
++++++++

                      "Sanjiva
                      Weerawarana"             To:       "WS-Desc WG \(Public\)" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
                      <sanjiva@watson.         cc:
                      ibm.com>                 Subject:  issue: optional "name" attribute of <definition>
                      Sent by: www-ws-
                      desc-request@w3.
                      org

                      06/25/2002 11:30
                      AM

This is somewhat related to the "targetNamespace" issue that Gudge
posted about.

<issue id="issue-remove-optional-name-of-definition">
  <head>Should we remove the optional name attribute of
  &lt;definitions&gt;?</head>

  WSDL 1.1 has an optional attribute on definitions which is defined
  as being used to provide a lightweight form of documentation. I would
  like to remove that as its not clear that that has been useful or
  used.
  <source>Sanjiva Weerwarana</source>
</issue>

Can we get consensus on removing this? I haven't seen any real use
of this attribute so far.

Sanjiva.

graycol.gif
(image/gif attachment: graycol.gif)