Re: Target namespace in WSDL

From: <sggraham@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:36:54 -0400
To: "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Cc: "Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>, www-ws-desc@w3.org, www-ws-desc-request@w3.org

Steve Graham
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
Emerging Technologies

                      Weerawarana"             To:       "Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
                      <sanjiva@watson.         cc:
                      ibm.com>                 Subject:  Re: Target namespace in WSDL
                      Sent by: www-ws-
                      06/25/2002 11:28

I had already inserted an issue to address this in the version of
the doc published last week:

<issue id="issue-require-targetnamespace">
  <head>Require targetNamespace attribute?</head>
  WSDL 1.1 indicates that the targetNamespace attribute is
  optional. I would like to make it required as otherwise
  the NCNames used in other places don't make much sense.
  <source>Sanjiva Weerwarana</source>

Can we get a quick consensus on requiring this? It seems the
only sensible thing to do ...