issue: optional "name" attribute of <definition>

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 21:30:09 +0600
To: "WS-Desc WG \(Public\)" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

This is somewhat related to the "targetNamespace" issue that Gudge
posted about.

<issue id="issue-remove-optional-name-of-definition">
  <head>Should we remove the optional name attribute of
  &lt;definitions&gt;?</head>

  WSDL 1.1 has an optional attribute on definitions which is defined
  as being used to provide a lightweight form of documentation. I would
  like to remove that as its not clear that that has been useful or
  used.
  <source>Sanjiva Weerwarana</source>
</issue>

Can we get consensus on removing this? I haven't seen any real use
of this attribute so far.

Sanjiva.