Issue 4: Use of namespace attribute on soap:body

From: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 05:41:42 -0700
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

I took an AI at the last telcon to write up Issue 4. Here is that write
up.

The issue is about interaction between the namespace attribute on
soap:body and the targetNamespace of global element declarations in a
schema.

The namespace attribute on the soap:body binding extension element is
only applicable when use='encoded' where it defines the namespace
qualification of the 'wrapper' element for the RPC parameters. The local
name of the wrapper element is defined by the name property of the input
/ output pieces of a portType operation. When use='encoded' the parts
attribute of soap:body refers to parts defined using type='' rather than
element=''. Therefore the interaction does not exist.

Spo I'm not sure there is much of an issue here. We might want to
clarify that if use='literal' then the namespace attribute on soap:body
is not applicable.

Gudge