Re: proposal for resolving service type issues

From: <sggraham@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 05:05:02 -0400
To: "Jean-Jacques Moreau" <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Cc: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>, "WS-Desc WG (Public)" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>, www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
One way around this is to make the implements element a child of the
service.

++++++++
Steve Graham
sggraham@us.ibm.com
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
Emerging Technologies
++++++++

                      "Jean-Jacques
                      Moreau"                  To:       Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
                      <moreau@crf.             cc:       "WS-Desc WG (Public)" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
                      canon.fr>                Subject:  Re: proposal for resolving service type issues
                      Sent by: www-ws-
                      desc-request@w3.
                      org

                      06/10/2002 01:30
                      PM

Sanjiva, I like your proposal. In particular, I think there is a
lot of merit in bringing the notion of an abstract service into
the foreground. Please find my comments below.

Jean-Jacques.

> We require that all services defined in a single document be of
a single
> service type.

This is fine...

> That type is indicated by inserting the following required
declaration:

>      <implements serviceType="qname"/>

... however I don't think we can require the wsdl:implement
element to be always present. For example, the WSDL file may only
contain an abstract service declaration, which is refined and
implemented in a second WSDL file. I think wsld:implement should
be optional unless there is a concrete service definition (i.e.
binding), in which case it should be mandatory.

> two portTypes are said to be equivalent iff they have the same
qualified
> name.

Hmmm... somebody could get it wrong and you could end up with two
portType with the same qname but different children EIIs. It's
probably not our business, though, and more like a programmer's
bug.

graycol.gif
(image/gif attachment: graycol.gif)

ecblank.gif