Re: ISSUE : Extensible message exchange patterns

From: Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@sun.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 10:55:32 -0400
To: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
CC: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>, Jeffrey Schlimmer <jeffsch@windows.microsoft.com>, Glen Daniels <gdaniels@macromedia.com>, www-ws-desc@w3.org

think so, but isn't wsdl's request-response ~= soap's request-response
as defined in part2? Given that we already (will) have a formal
definition that is defined for use with the HTTP binding, wouldn't
it be wise to simply leverage this directly via its URI?

I would think that a rigorously defined MEP for solicit-response
(if agreement as to what it means can be reached:) ala the
treatment that SOAP1.2 Part2 gives its MEPs would be a good
thing(tm).

It has even been suggested that the wsawg maintain a "registry"
of defined MEPs as a service (probably a document that links to
the the various MEP spec documents).

My $0.02,

Chris