Re: issue: service type

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 09:22:08 +0600
To: "'WS-Desc WG \(Public\)'" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

"Matt Long" <mlong@phalanxsys.com> writes:

> What issues(s) do multi-service WSDLs present?

The issue is basically that there is no well-define semantic for
<service>. Consider a WSDL with 2 portTypes and 3 bindings (say one
portType has two bindings). Do all <service> elements offer the
same service? Is a <service> required to offer at least / at most /
exactly one binding per portType?

Those types of questions need clarification IMO. If we do introduce
a service type concept (which is my preferred position) then its
possible to define precise semantics for <service> with answers to
the above and other questions.

Sanjiva.