Re: service name as local part of a qname

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 20:15:42 +0600
To: "Jeffrey Schlimmer" <jeffsch@windows.microsoft.com>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

"Jeffrey Schlimmer" <jeffsch@windows.microsoft.com> writes:

> +1 to making the change both to the uniqueness of the port@name
> (discussed earlier at [1]) and to removing the wording that implies that
> it must not be reference-able as a QName.

Note that the "it must not be referenceable as a QName" restriction
does NOT go away with this change. In fact, it becomes even more
critical.

To be able to refer to directly point to a port via a QName, one
would have to require portNames to be unique across the entire
namespace. IMO that's the wrong direction ..

> FYI, the change to make port@name unique within a service has already
> been made to the XML Schema for WSDL 1.2. From [2]:
>
> <xs:element name="service" type="wsdl:tService">
>   <xs:unique name="port">
>     <xs:selector xpath="wsdl:port"/>
>     <xs:field xpath="@name"/>
>   </xs:unique>
> </xs:element>

So does that mean I can update the part1 doc too and close the
issue? When was this changed in the schema??