Re: WSDL Requirements

"Sadiq, Waqar" wrote:

> Ok.  I think I get it and sorry for not reading it like that.  In a sense
> that is also a requirement on the web services architecture work group that
> the web services should be able to support references.  For example, if I am
> not wrong, I think XMLP does not address specifying object references and
> how they can be passed back.  Would the underlying protocols have to support
> passing objects by reference before a description language can express it
> properly?

Well, yes, I think that SOAP is somewhat broken in this respect also.
But one can always pass a URI through SOAP so you can hack object
references. And SOAP will never prevent you from calling methods on the
URIs that you retrieve as SOAP endpoints.

But if WSDL does not let you describe the resulting service then you
really cannot realistically deploy it in a statically-typed programming
world. So it becomes quite hard to do anything beyond getStockQuote. ;)

 Paul Prescod