DR042 [was Web Services Description: Requirements]

From: Jeffrey Schlimmer <jeffsch@windows.microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:08:03 -0800
To: "David Booth" <dbooth@w3.org>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Regarding DR042, yes. I meant be able to create a new port type from
another by adding more operations. That is, an extended port type
supports a superset of the operations of a base port type. This is right
at the edge of the hairy substitutability issues (where parts of a
request message may vary in generality differently than parts of a
response message), but I've seen some compelling cases for this
behavior, and I'm cautiously optimistic that it could actually be made
to interop reasonably well.

--Jeff