Re: Follow up on output ops + MEPs

+1.

I like the idea of calling them operationType rather than MEP to
avoid confusion with SOAP MEPs. Another possibility is to consider
<operation> to be a syntax that's good for certain kind of
interactions and then use a different syntax for the more general
patterns:

	<interaction name="xyz" pattern="uri">
		<message name="m1" role="..."/>
	</interaction>

We can use <operation> for the simple input-output and input-only
patterns (but define its semantics in terms of a specific pattern
(URI) that's predefined by us. We can use something else for the
two outbound patterns we are aware of and one for events.

Sanjiva.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
IBM Research