Re: "Web service" or "web service"

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:47:45 -0500
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org

"Web" is capitalized because it's a proper noun, since it's a
one-of-a-kind thing; the set of all linked things.  A single service is
not a one-of-a-kind-thing, but if together they all formed something
cohesive - like "The Grid", for example - then it would deserve the
additional capitalization.

So I really think "Web service" is the right answer.

Do we get to vote on whether "Web" should be there? 8-)

MB