wsdl:types and arrays

From: Mats Henricson <mats_henricson@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 02:21:11 -0500 (EST)
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org

Hi, all!

I was pretty enthusiastic about using web services, SOAP
and WSDL, until I realized the severe XSD limitation in WSDL.
I have a 4 page long XSD, and a 200 kB long hand-written XML
document that follows that XSD. According to the WSDL 1.1 and
1.2 I can't use this XSD construct:

  <xsd:element ... maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

I just barely can believe this limitation really exists!
I would have to do heavy changes of my large XML document
just to be able to use SOAP?!

Pretty much every single XSD tutorial out there suggests
the use of maxOccurs="unbounded".

Is it really true that it can't be used in WSDL, or have I
totally misunderstood? If that limitation really exists,
why don't you remove it in this new upcoming version of WSDL?

Worried greetings from

Mats Henricson