WSDL and targetNamespace coercion ??

From: Asir S Vedamuthu <asirv@webmethods.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:01:11 -0400
To: "WS-Desc WG \(Public\)" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Hi,

I have two questions that relate to targetNamespace coercion. I will greatly
appreciate any input from this group. Let me use an example,

<definitions name="InteropTest" targetNamespace="http://soapinterop.org/"
 xmlns:tns="http://soapinterop.org/">

  <!-- IMPORT [1] -->
  <import location="http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/InteropTest.wsdl"
    namespace="http://soapinterop.org/" />

  <!-- IMPORT [2] -->
  <import location="http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/InteropTest.wsdl"
    namespace="http://soapinterop.org/xsd" />

  <service name="interopLab">
    <port name="interopTestPort" binding="tns:InteropTestSoapBinding">
      <soap:address location="http://www.whitemesa.net/interop/std" />
    </port>
  </service>
</definitions>

IMPORT [1] and [2] statements import 2 namespaces into this web service
description. However, these 2 statements point to the same location. At a
glance, it appears that IMPORT [2] attempts to coerce the namespace from
'http://soapinterop.org/' to 'http://soapinterop.org/xsd'

My two question are,

[Q1] In general, does WSDL allow target namespace coercion?

[Q2] If WSDL allows target namespace coercion, what are the processing rules
for coercing target namespaces?

Regards,

Asir S Vedamuthu

webMethods, Inc.