import / include issue

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:35:17 +0600
To: "WS-Desc WG \(Public\)" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Now that the other issues seem to have died down, I'd like to start
on the following two issues:

<issue id="issue-clarify-import">
  <head>Clarify semantics of import.</head>
  We have run into many, many people who appear to be confused
  about how import is supposed to work. The notion that it only
  establishes a relationship between a namespace and a location
  is quite hard to grasp it appears. Specifically, the fact that
  nothing is said about what one may find about the namespace at
  that location appears to be very confusing. We need to clarify
  the intended semantics at the minimum.
  <source>Sanjiva Weerawarana</source>
</issue>

<issue id="issue-add-include">
  <head>Should we add an "include" mechanism?</head>
  It appears that most users who use &lt;import&gt; really
  treat it as an include mechanism. Should we bite the bullet
  and have both import and include mechanisms similar to XSLT?
  <source>Sanjiva Weerawarana</source>
</issue>

Please provide your input on how these should be resolved!