Re: issue: remove solicit-response and output-only operations?

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 07:26:14 -0400
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
"Roberto Chinnici" <roberto.chinnici@sun.com> writes:

> It seems to me that, if we rewrote the definitions for the port types
below
> so that they only contained request-response and one-way operations,
> we could then easily rewrite the serviceProviderType definitions above
> to specify a direction flag of the kind I described previously and
recapture
> all the information in the original document.

I agree 100%.

I was one of the co-authors of WSFL. In some follow-on work (which
will hopefully be wrapped up and published soon) we have moved away
from using solicit-response and output-only operations to using
directional portTypes as Roberto suggests. Our experience was that
it was much cleaner that way.