RE: Web Services Description WG April 2002 F2F Minutes

R071.
> > I believe a 'strongly typed referent' could be treated as a portion
> > of a WSDL description that exists in another file (the referred
object).

> Who is "I" here? R085 and R071 are completely unrelated to each other.

The "Commentary" is a quote from the "champion" of these issues, at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Apr/att-0044/01-Stum
bo020409.htm.  "I" is William Stumbo.

Some discussion and the resolution is documented later in the minutes.
We accepted the requirement "Should be able to describe messages that
include strongly typed references to both values and services."

> > R071
> >
> > [Accepted, Must, JS] Be able to partition a description across
multiple
> files.
>
> There is nothing there that would allow me to declare (e.g.) that a
<po>
> element is of type AnyURI and that the URI *referent* is a resource
with
> particular operations. R071 is about allowing WSDL fragments to
contain
> links to other WSDL fragments. But WSDL-described resources must also
be
> able to contain strongly-typed links to other WSDL-described
resources.

Yes, we also were confused about William's recommendation, and so we
didn't follow it.

Hope this helps.