RE: Web Services Description WG April 2002 F2F Minutes

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:25:09 -0700
To: "Paul Prescod" <paul@prescod.net>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

The "Commentary" is a quote from the "champion" of these issues, at
bo020409.htm.  "I" is William Stumbo.

Some discussion and the resolution is documented later in the minutes.
We accepted the requirement "Should be able to describe messages that
include strongly typed references to both values and services."

> > R071
> >
> > [Accepted, Must, JS] Be able to partition a description across
> files.
> There is nothing there that would allow me to declare (e.g.) that a
> element is of type AnyURI and that the URI *referent* is a resource
> particular operations. R071 is about allowing WSDL fragments to
> links to other WSDL fragments. But WSDL-described resources must also
> able to contain strongly-typed links to other WSDL-described

Yes, we also were confused about William's recommendation, and so we
didn't follow it.

Hope this helps.