Re: issue: support cross references within a WSDL file using ncnames?

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:06:17 -0400
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
"Simon Fell" <soap@zaks.demon.co.uk> writes:

> What happens in the case where you need to cross a namespace boundary
> ?, switch back to QNames ? How do you tell if its a QName or an NCName
> ?

Yes, the references across NSs always have to be QNames. I believe
telling whether a name is a QName or an NCName is simple- just see
whether there's a colon or not.

This also raises a question of how to reference across documents but
within the same namespace. I guess those would have to be QNames if
we go the route of allowing NCNames for intra-document references.

Sanjiva.