issue: remove solicit-response and output-only operations?

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 00:14:14 -0400
To: <www-ws-desc@w3c.org>
The WG would like to solicit your comments on whether we should
eliminate WSDL 1.1's "solicit-response" and "output-only"
operations as we produce WSDL 1.2.

Here are the two issues from the latest part1 document. Note that
I have posted these together as the decisions obviously need to
be coupled.

  <issue id="issue-remove-solicit-response-operations" status="open">
    <head>Should we remove solicit-response operations?</head>
    Solicit-response operations are not fully defined in WSDL
    1.1. There are multiple interpretations of these in the community:
    event, callback etc.. Also, there is little evidence that anyone
    is actually using them.  We could consider replacing this with
    a first-class description of an event mechanism.
    <source>Sanjiva Weerawarana</source>
  </issue>

  <issue id="issue-remove-notification-operations" status="open">
    <head>Should we remove notification operations?</head>
    Notification operations are also not fully defined in WSDL
    1.1. There are multiple interpretations of these in the community:
    event, callback etc.. Also, there is little evidence that anyone
    is actually using them. We could consider replacing this with
    a first-class description of an event mechanism.
    <source>Sanjiva Weerawarana</source>
  </issue>

Thanks,