RE: W3C Web Service Description WG: Requirements

Thanks, Jeff.

Here is my comment on

>R097: I'd suggest change it to "Must". (Now, this is NOT covered by R036!)
>[jeffsch: I agree that this is part of a general Web Service definition,
>but I don't agree that this is appropriate to describe in WSDL;
>it seems to border on orchestration.]

I believe that description of operation and thus characteristics of
operation are part of WSDL. Whether it is used for orchestration or
otherwise does not matter. Sync/Async and expected response latency is a
characteristic of the operation itself rather than flow definition.

In fact, I envision other use for R097 than just orchestration. For example,
I may have a UI app running on wireless device that would switch to alert
mode if operation is async and the expected reply latency is more than, say,
10 seconds.

R097 adds a lot to the ability to create intelligent apps using WSs. I'd
suggest making it a must for WSDL 2.0.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com)