XML Schema coordination

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:32:10 -0500
To: Jeff Mischkinsky <jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com>
Cc: David Ezell <david_e3@verifone.com>, Michael Sperberg-McQueen <cmsmcq@w3.org>, Henry Thompson <ht@w3.org>, www-ws-cg@w3.org
Dear Jeff,

W3C is concerned with the recent discussion around XML Schema within
WS-I. The W3C XML Schema Working Group would be very happy to
communicate with and learn from the WS-I experience on schemas.  User
experience with XML Schema 1.0 is a key input for successful
preparation of XML Schema 1.1, as well as possible errata against XML
Schema 1.0, and the Working Group would very much appreciate any
feedback WS-I groups may have on areas of particular concern in the
language. We believe that having two separate groups to clarify the
XML Schema 1.0 specifications would be harmful and could lead to
inconsistencies, such as between a possible XML Schema 1.0 3rd edition
and a WS-I Profile against XML Schema 1.0.

To simplify communications, it may be a good idea if groups identify
points of liaison for the other.  Michael Sperberg-McQueen and Henry
Thompson of the W3C Team are willing to serve as the points of
contact on our side, and will take up communication a contact person
on the WS-I side as soon as one is named.

Regards,

Philippe
--
Philippe Le Hegaret - http://www.w3.org/People/LeHegaret/
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Architecture Domain Leader