RE: Requesting WSDL Files

From: Josh Sled <jsled@asynchronous.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 18:04:13 -0400
To: Anne Thomas Manes <anne@manes.net>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 17:15, Anne Thomas Manes wrote:

> It˙s a ´featureĦ, not a requirement, and it enables SOAP to support
> the REST architecture (which is protocol-specific). Regardless of

How is REST protocol-specific?

> whether or not it˙s right or wrong, this feature prevents you from
> establishing a convention to return the WSDL when you do an HTTP GET
> the Web service endpoint URL.

How does it prevent establishing convention?
I thought the original question was about a convention of using GET...?

> I think it˙s a better convention to specify a parameter:
> http://service-endpoint-uri?wsdl
> http://service-endpoint-uri?xsd
> http://service-endpoint-uri?policy

What is the better convention, here?

I thought 'http://host:port/endpoint_path?wsdl' was the convention...

But I'm confused: why perform a query at all?
Isn't the WSDL just a file?

...jsled