From: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-arch-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Paul Denning
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 10:40 AM
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Typical SOA ... SOA Patterns

At 10:20 AM 2004-01-30, Champion, Mike wrote:
>I completely agree.  The problem is that it is January 30th; the WG
>charter ends tomorrow, and we are simply out of time to make *any*
>substantive changes to the Note.  (Typos, broken links, etc. can be
>reported and fixed until Wednesday, I believe).

I guess it is up to the editors to add verbiage (perhaps, or do
something
with @@) in section 4.3 [1], which now reads

4.3 Significant Unresolved Issues

@@What is the difference between an MEP and a Choreography?

@@What should be the representation returned by an HTTP "GET" on a Web
service URI?

@@Should URIs be used to identify Web services components, rather than
QNames?

@@The relationship between privacy and Web services technology needs
clarification.

@@SOAP 1.2 and this architecture introduce the concept of
"intermediaries",
but this concept is not represented in WSDL 2.0.

@@[wordsmith:] What happens if two WSDL documents define the same
service?

@@The relationship between conversations, correlations and transactions
and
choreography is unclear and needs more work.

@@There is a need for consistent tracking mechanisms in Web services.

------
I am proposing

@@Further work on the relationships between and patterns for using Web
services and SOA.

(Would be nice to add it if we can, but I understand if it is too late.)

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/arch/wsa/wd-wsa-arch-review2
.html#id5212661

Paul