MEP perspective

From: Paul Denning <pauld@mitre.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:21:33 -0500
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

MEP provides an abstraction layer to decouple a SOAP application from the
SOAP bindings.  An application designed to expect a certain MEP should work
equally well with either of the follwing two SOAP bindings:
1.  Binding has native support for the MEP (e.g., HTTP request-response), or
2.  Binding has no native support for the MEP, but an abstract SOAP
"feature" can be implemented to effectively provide the MEP behavior over
the available binding.

This allows flexibility to replace underlying bindings (and otherwise
configure SOAP processors) without impact to the SOAP applications.

I'm not sure how to work this into the WSA text, but I wanted to capture
this aspect of MEPs.

Paul