Re: Proposed replacement text for Section 1.6

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:02:05 -0500
To: "Champion, Mike" <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 04:14:22PM -0500, Champion, Mike wrote:
> It would definitely be something that a researcher could find lots and lots
> of data on by spidering the Web, but it's tangential to the question at
> hand.

I don't think it's tangential at all.  The question on the table is, how
are REST and the (unnamed) architectural style that describes Web
architecture best distinguished?  I don't believe the uniform interface
is even in the top five of ways you'd distinguish them.

We seem to agree that cookies are a big difference though; could we not
just use that?

Mark.