Re: Section 1.6 and REST - Can we make this more clear and useful?

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:51:35 -0500
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

We seem to be confusing problem complexity with solution complexity
here; complex problems don't necessarily require complex solutions.

I'm currently using REST (and parts of ARREST & the Semantic Web
extensions on REST) to build the components of a world-wide network of
integrated seismographic data sinks and sources.  This is an incredibly
complex problem (spanning geopolitical boundaries, reliability
requirements that would make a CIO blush, strict security requirements
(see ctbto.org), etc..), yet what's done so far is terrifically simple.
That doesn't mean that it wasn't a complex process to get here - indeed,
it was certainly that - it just means the resulting *solution* is simple
because I have been, for the most part, able to work within the
constraints of those styles; one of the properties they induce, in
spades, is simplicity.

Anyhow, I'm glad that text isn't going in the document.

Mark.