From: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-arch-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Hugo Haas
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 11:12 AM
To: Francis McCabe
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: Re: Abbie's security section

Frank, all,

As per my action item from yesterday's editors' call, I have reviewed
the two security sections (I had previously reviewed the old one...)

Here are the changes that I have made:
- I have removed the technology-specific section[1] as discussed; this
  should go into Roger's list.
- I have reviewed both sections, and noted that the "Trust and
  Discovery" discussion was missing from the new section. I moved it
  there and deleted the old section.
- I have changed the terms used (client/server) to be consistent with
  the document (requester/provider entity/agent).

Despite my first comments[2], I have kept the requirements section
because, in the end, I think that it doesn't really duplicate
information but more helps liaising between the threats and the
architectural considerations.

The new section is at:

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/arch/wsa/wd-wsa-arch-review2
.html?rev=1.102#security

Latest version at:

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/arch/wsa/wd-wsa-arch-review2
.html#security

Regards,

Hugo

  1.
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/arch/wsa/wd-wsa-arch-review2
.html?rev=1.101&content-type=text/html;%20charset=iso-8859-1#id2281646
  2.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-wsa-editors/2003Dec/0008.html
--
Hugo Haas - W3C