Re: Requester/provider agent/entity terminology

The trouble with thing is that in normal English usage it refers to
physical objects, and certainly not actions or abstract potential for
action.

One of the ramifications of the word entity is one of cohesion and
wholeness. In fact, again in normal English usage, entity is more
abstract than person or organization; although entity is sometimes used
to denote organizations.

I do not much like the RFC version of the resource definition. It
sounds like it was thrown together without much thought.

However, I recognize that its slippery and probably not worth losing a
whole lot of sleep over.