Definition of use case and scenario

From: He, Hao <Hao.He@thomson.com.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:10:27 +1100
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Please remind me if we have discussed this before.  If not, I propose the
following text for the usage document:

In the context of Web services, a use case is a sequence of interactions
between a service requestor and one or more services, which achieve
measurable results for the requestor. Highlighting either architectural or
technical significance, a usage scenario represents an atomic step in a path
through a use case. By combining and adopting different usage scenarios, one
can thus produce different paths for the same use case.

Hao