RE: updated service model

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:37:18 -0800
To: "Francis McCabe" <fgm@fla.fujitsu.com>, "Paul Denning" <pauld@mitre.org>
Cc: <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

> > I am uncomfortable with
> >
> > Interface *defines* choreography
>

> As far as I am concerned, how you use a service is part of its
> interface. And that is essentially what a choreography is (although
> choreography extends to a more global POV).

I am uncomfortable with that myself. There is more to a choreography than the interfaces involved.

To take the WS-Chor example, if I only have a bunch of interfaces I have no choreography. What the choreography defines is the connection of interfaces to one another (in the sense that, for instance, one interface describes the response to a message associated with another interface), the correct sequence of messages, and the change in internal state of the various services involved.

Ugo