Re: Proposed replacement text for Section 1.6

From: David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:37:55 -0500
To: "Champion, Mike" <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org

Mike,

I generally like this a lot.  One nit:

At 02:12 PM 1/9/2004 -0500, Champion, Mike wrote:
>. . .
>there is no assumption of a shared interface hierarchy
>or type system between the service and the agents which request it.
>. . . .

I think that needs to be qualified a little, since the service requester
and provider *do* share a type system -- the type system that is specified
in the WSDL.  However, they don't necessarily share an *implementation*
type system -- they only need to share a type system for the messages that
are on the wire.

--
David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard