From: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-arch-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Champion, Mike
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 11:47 AM
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Proposed replacement text for Section 1.6

More good stuff I'd like to incorporate in the next draft of 1.6

> A second root cause of fragility is, IMO, the limited models
> of conversation that we always seem to come up when getting
> computers to talk to each other. OO approaches are fundamentally
> command-and-control:

Hmm, I agree but this could take the document into deeper water than we
can swim without attracting man-eating trout :-)

> On reflection, I would say that there is a equality in the
> relationship between services and messages. That is at the
> heart of the SOA
> approach: neither is subservient to the other.

Why aren't messages subservient to services?  The messages exist only
for the purpose of invoking the service and telling the consumer the
result, no?

>  By identifying
> messages as way points in a choreography seems to be a
> productive way of capturing the essentials in the SOA. (And
> it re-legitimizes the WS-CHOR
> work!)

This touches on another of my open action items -- is "choreography"
really
the right word here, given how WS-CHOR defines it?