From: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-arch-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Champion, Mike
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 8:35 PM
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Proposed replacement text for Section 1.6

Don Box.  I'd agree that he seems to be tooting the SOA horn now.

> And again I remind you -- is this a lamb?  Might as well go
> for the sheep, eh?

I dunno. Some people do have control of both sides and enough bandwidth
(or small enough performance requirements) to get SOAP RPC to work.  At
the extreme, sure: an OO system with a complex shared typesystem  and
objects that require 20 method calls to initialize properly has no
business being implemented with web serivce technologies.  There are a
bunch of other cases where the objects can be initialized with a call or
two but COM/CORBA aren't a viable option for some reason; those are
reasonable use cases for RPC-ish SOAP/WSDL AFAIK.

I'd prefer not to be hanged at all, and don't see any reason to annoy
the sheriff enough to have him trump up charges :-)