Re: Proposed replacement text for Section 1.6

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:02:39 -0500
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Jan 12, 2004, at 6:10 PM, He, Hao wrote:

> I think grid computing can also benefit significantly if they take a
> more
> SOA approach.
>
> My personal observation is that the research community is relatively
> slow on
> adopting new IT concepts for good or bad. I was still doing Fortran
> programming not long ago.

Er...the Grid itself is at least somewhat new :) And Fortran both
evolved and isn't clearly sensibly replaceable in a lot of contexts.

How could they be more SOAy? What ways *aren't* they SOAy and at what
cost?

I confess to being a bit vague on Grid details, but they seem eminently
SOAish.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.