RE: Fwd: RE: EDI and Security Text

From: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) <RogerCutler@chevrontexaco.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:54:41 -0600
To: "Hugo Haas" <hugo@w3.org>, "David Booth" <dbooth@w3.org>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Have you been following this thread, Hugo?  It seems to me that the
changes you propose would move it significantly in the direction that
I'm uncomfortable with, for reasons I have tried to explain (near the
bottom of the long thread).

FWIW, I personally think that it is NOT a good idea to recommend URI's
for this purpose.   So our opinions seem to differ here.  But I am
certainly willing to consider that a more detailed look at the
mechanisms might prove me wrong -- which I think David was trying to
indicate by talking about the issues involving details of engineering.

At any rate, I certainly don't want to get involved in a big conflict
about this.  At the most I think we are talking about nuances, and I'm
not emotionally involved with my nuance.