From: Hugo Haas [mailto:hugo@w3.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 6:58 AM
To: David Booth
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org; Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler)
Subject: Re: Fwd: RE: EDI and Security Text

Hi David.

Just a couple of comments:

* David Booth <dbooth@w3.org> [2004-01-07 15:15-0500]
[..]
> >>I've added another paragraph:
> >>
> >>"This is not to say that Web services tracking <emph>must</emph> be
> >>done
> >>
> >>using URIs in this way.  Indeed, there are other ways tracking can
> >>be performed, and any engineering design must take many factors into

> >>consideration.  Rather, the point is to illuminate the fact that,
> >>because Web services architecture is based on Web architecture, Web
> >>services have the <emph>possibility</emph> of taking advantage of
> >>this use of URIs."
> >>
> >>Does that address your concerns?

FWIW, I think that it's a good thing to recommend URIs. I am not sure
that this paragraph is necessary since the text is introduced as an
example.

Also, instead of "As a simple example, suppose ...", I would say "To
illustrate their benefit, suppose ...".

[..]

> >>information.

Instead of "clickable", I would use dereferencable, which is the term
used by the Web architecture document.

Regards,

Hugo

--