RE: WS Architectural Loose Ends / Outstanding issues

I'm not sure what you mean.  I should have been clear that "outstanding
issues" doesn't refer to our issues list; since the document is not going to
last call, there's no attempt to resolve all the issues that people have
raised against the document itself.  I'm talking about large-scale "issues"
in the Web services space that don't fit into a neat box, such as the fact
that intermediaries are in SOAP but not WSDL, and might fall thru the cracks
of public awareness without us around to annoy people about them.   [Grr,
David warned me that if I used the word "issues" that would confuse people!]

I feel confident in saying that you will not let the "interface constraints"
issue fall thru the cracks of public awareness. <grin> I guess one could
argue that the whole issue of the relationships among the hypertext Web,
Semantic Web, and services "web", is a bit of a loose end, but we do talk
about that at some length in the document itself, so I'm not sure what else
we could say in the final section.  I guess since I asked Katia to draft a
paragraph on what the WS/SW loose end is, I could ask you to draft a similar
paragraph about the loose end involving WS and the RESTful Web. Seem
reasonable?  Or am I misunderstanding?  I don't think there's much interest
in spending our last 4 weeks on earth debating REST any more, however, so
I'd suggest keeping it "fair and balanced".