From: Thompson, Bryan B. [mailto:BRYAN.B.THOMPSON@saic.com]
Sent: Thursday, 12 February 2004 8:35
To: He, Hao; 'Michael Champion'; '''www-ws-arch@w3.org ' ' '
Subject: RE: Web Services Architecture going forward (was Re: REST
wrap-up )

Hao,

I would definately like to see something emerge here.  There is a lot
of activity in this area, including on many of the things that Mike
mentioned below.  I have been pushing for such an activity within the
context of W3C - and who knows, maybe that will happen now that WSA
is closed.

I know of many discussion lists, and many different projects, but
nothing that attempts to setup a framework for coming to agreement
on some of the key issues for interoperability among next generation
rest services, some of which are not even based on HTTP.

In some ways, this is a movement without a center.  Historically, the
IETF and W3C were the centers for these concerns.  But increasingly
it looks like this work is happening out there "in the wild."

-bryan