RE: Genuine interoperability & the tower of Babel

I recently came across an initiative that seems to address this type of issues. It's called Universal Data Element Framework (or UDEF - see http://www.udef.org/). According to its Web page, "the objective of the UDEF is to provide a means of real-time identification for semantic equivalency, as an attribute to data elements within e-business document and integration formats".

If somebody else knows of similar initiatives, it would be nice to mention them in our document.

Ugo