RE: SOA proposed text - harvesting previous threads

I like those a lot!  Not a million miles from what I wrote, but has much
less of the "a service oriented architecture is an architecture made up of
services that provide a service" blather that my draft still suffers from to
a certain extent.

>  there are no addresses of
> agent-internal objects in messages. This is the stateless
> constraint expressed differently.

> On the other hand, business-level entities - such as account
> numbers - may still be exposed in messages.

 I think that could be rephrased in MUST / MUST NOT terms to fit the
IETF/W3C style :-)

> =========
> As Hao pointed out, SOA's do seem to denote a more abstract
> architecture than the Web architecture, it is at a similar
> level to that of REST. (REST adds more: the concept of a
> resource, and that conversations are about resources.)

Right.  Dave Orchard's old message that I referenced makes this argument,
and I think we really need to spell out exactly how REST = SOA (where the
service is to get/put/update/delete resource representations) + more
constraints