RE: SOA proposed text - harvesting previous threads

Hmm, I liked the idea of adding something like:

"Stateful service interactions such as those involving coordination,
transactions, choreography, authentication/authorization, etc. can be
defined at the software layer above the services themselves. This layer may
be in the top layer application, or it may be a higher level of the service
infrastructure, as in the case of, for example,  WS-Coordination,
WS-Transaction, WSBPEL, etc."

That would go at the end of the "state management" paragraph in the Best
Practices section.

Is that more or less what you had in mind?

If this turns into a trout pond, I'm tempted to emulate Werner Vogels and
just drop "state management" because there is such intense religious feeling
on the subject :-)