Re: Issues to think about in the MOM

Ugo:
  SOAP talks about binding; but, in SOAP-land, that is really the
relationship between a message and how it should be processed. In
addition, binding is essentially outside the message itself:

The creation, transmission, and processing of a SOAP message, possibly
through one or more intermediaries, is specified in terms of a
distributed state machine. The state consists of information known to a
SOAP node at a given point in time, including but not limited to the
contents of messages being assembled for transmission or received for
processing. The state at each node can be updated either by local
processing, or by information received from an adjacent node.

I.e., SOAP binding is viewed as an aspect of the state of nodes that
are processing messages; and don't have much to do with the message
itself.

I don't particularly quarrel with this view; but I think it is
disingenuous. In particular, contrary to the SOA view of things, it
focuses on the internals of SOAP processors rather than the messages
being exchanged. We need to some more clarity here.

Frank