RE: isa and hasa in UML

From: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) <RogerCutler@chevrontexaco.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 16:37:51 -0500
To: "Francis McCabe" <fgm@fla.fujitsu.com>
cc: "Martin Chapman" <martin.chapman@oracle.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org

Swell.  So, why are you keeping me in suspense?  What does aggregation
mean?

So far, as far as I can tell (and God knows I could easily be wrong), I
don't see any difference between your is-a and the UML is-a -- except
that I find yours a lot easier to understand.  But it was has-a where I
was told specifically that there was a difference, so let's see what
that difference is.

Once we get these definitions sorted out I think that the WG needs to
choose between the alternatives.  This is not, IMHO, a no-brainer.