RE: isa and hasa in UML

From: Champion, Mike <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 15:32:53 -0400
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

It became clear in Rennes that the current WD defined IS-A and HAS-A (or one
or the other, can't remember) in a way that some found counter-intuitive.
It seemed absurd for us to be defining terms that *just had* to be well
understood, e.g. in the UML world.  So we gave Frank the action item to go
look for a well-accepted definition that we could reference.