RE: Separate concepts for "service" and "targetResource?" (was RE : /service/@targetResource ?)

From: Champion, Mike <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 17:09:49 -0400
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

This is what I have in mind.  WSA would not, of course, specify all the
properties associated with a targetResource, just assert that a discovery
service could maintain such an association.

> So trying to understand the value proposition of
> targetResource and best
> practice, it seems to me that it tries to solve a very
> specific problem:
> how to define multiple <service> definitions that are independently
> managed, yet all relate to the same service
> agent/provider/resource.

Yup.  That's the scenario we discussed in Rennes.  Think of a WSDL service
that has a "print job interface" and another service that has a "management
interface".  Both may be bound to the same physical printer, or not.

> I see the value in associating them all to the same entity, but
> would it
> not make more sense to pick a more applicable term, perhaps agent or
> provider?

agree.