Re: Web Service Description and stateful services

From: Sergio Andreozzi <sergio.andreozzi@cnaf.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 14:10:36 +0200
To: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
CC: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Christopher B Ferris wrote:
> Yes. And, I assume by "research community" that you refer to the
> work on the GRID? Or is this some other similar work?

yes, mostly I refer to the grid community. In particular I refer to the
following two proposals:

1. GGF OGSI v1.0 Specification (see ServiceData concept, par. 6)
http://www.gridforum.org/ogsi-wg/drafts/draft-ggf-ogsi-gridservice-29_2003-04-05.pdf

2. G-QoSM: Grid Service Discovery Using QoS Properties (see par. 5)
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~nrl/pub/papers/cijnl.pdf

They both use WSDL extensions to represent service state.

Regards,

Sergio