Re: REST, uniformity and semantics

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 06:52:19 -0400
To: Jim Webber <jim.webber@arjuna.com>
Cc: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com, www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 10:38:58AM +0100, Jim Webber wrote:
> > But my point remains; it's nonsensical to have two methods
> > for the same task; if you use the WebMethod feature, you
> > remove the need for specifying a wsdl:operation.
>
> And the inverse is not true?

No, the inverse is (mostly) true too.  I would suggest that's why some
people have called the Web Method feature unnecessary.  It really *is*
unnecessary if you've accepted that you need WSDL to define the
operation.

It's probably not worth elaborating on what I mean by "mostly" there.

  Actively seeking contract work or employment