RE: Announce: WS-Callback, WS-MessageData, and WS-Acknowledgement specifications

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 21:02:24 +0200
To: <jdart@tibco.com>, <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

I'm sure that WSDL 1.2 will be the most beautiful spec ever and solve all of
our description problems.  But there are some widely deployed WSDL 1.1
systems out there that it would be nice to be able to do RM with.  Customers
often don't like to be told "Please wait for n years".

Out of curiousity, what would you see being a better way of not mixing the
architectural layers in a 1.1 environment?

> One of the architectural concerns I have had about WS-Acknowledgement
> and WS-Callback is that they are basically using SOAP headers
> to extend
> the WSDL 1.1 MEPs. This is mixing up two architectural layers that
> really should be kept separate, IMO. WSDL 1.2 will provide a
> better way
> to do this. IMO it would be better if this extension could be
> done in a
> way that provides a better migration path to WSDL 1.2.
>
> --Jon

Cheers,
Dave