RE: Proposed Venn Diagrams

I should probably put a note that the relative sizes are not meant to be
significant, but are constrained by the geometry of representing overlaps.
Of course, anyone who has some more than rudimentary graphic skills (not to
mention complete color vision) is welcome to tweak these.

But on to the substantive point ...[baiting hook; casting line; fishing for
trout]

Uhh, do all those CGI scripts on the Web use "uniform interface semantics"?
If so (because they are accessed via HTTP POST, I presume) what makes HTML
forms more "uniform" in their semantics than SOAP messages?  And if the
scripts/cookies/app servers/etc. are in B but not C, then is B really much
too large relative to C?

> Right, but then the interface is no longer declared with XML
> (gasp! 8-),
> it's declared with HTTP, so "XML Interface Services" isn't an accurate
> description of what's going on.  Perhaps that's not such a
> big deal, but
> it could be a point of confusion.  Maybe a footnote would help.

Yeah, good point.  That's what comes from midnight inspirations, consistency
suffers.  I do agree that since I make such a big deal out of the value that
XML brings to the picture in the text, I need to put it in the picture
somehow.  And anyway, we can definitely come up with a better label for
"Circle F"