RE: Proposed text for section 1.6.2 and 1.6.3

Looks promising!   Thanks!!

> REST describes a system where
> 1. representations of resources are transfered
> 2. uniform (a set few) state change requests are identified
> by the client

I don't understand ... could you rephrase?  Is this the famous "uniform
interface constraint", i.e. GET/PUT/POST/DELETE are the "state change
requests?"

> 3. resources are all addressable/reachable
> 4. the server does not maintain state
> 5. resource representations may contain other resource identifiers
>    useful for the client to explore the application search space. (my
>    parsing of the Walden/MikeC exchanges)
>
> 'API SOA' describes a system where
> 1. representations of resources and/or state changes are transfered

Hmm, so the "arguments" to an "API" are "representations of resources"?  I
remember discussions of that idea a few months ago, but I didn't see much
sign of consensus on it.  Could this just be rephrased "application-specific
data is transferred with few constraints on message semantics" or something
like that ?

> 2. not all resources are addressable/reachable, services can
> hide/encapsulate    resources

Yes!  This paired with REST #3 seems like a very critical distinction

> 3. the server may maintain state

This too, as others have pointed out.