RE: Draft language on MEPs, synchronous, and asynchronous.

From: Champion, Mike <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 11:47:56 -0600
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Geoff Arnold [mailto:Geoff.Arnold@Sun.COM]
> Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 1:30 PM
> To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
> Subject: Draft language on MEPs, synchronous, and asynchronous.

+1 Overall, especially to combining   this with the MEP concept.  Without
that, we risk complicating the definition to exclude irrelevant senses of
these terms.

> MEPs which describe closely coupled, or lock-step
> interactions are frequently referred to as "synchronous".

How about "time-coupled" or "closely coupled in time"?  "Coupling" has a lot
of other meanings and I think we want to explicitly talk about
timing-related coupling.... One wants to say "synchronized" of course, but
that doesn't add any information!